Art Deco Wedding Hair Accessories Emerging Trend for 2018
Art Deco Wedding Hair Accessories were a huge trend a few years ago in 2013 when the new Great Gatsby movie was released. My Celebration Collection of Art Deco Headpieces was extremely popular for brides looking to recreate that gorgeously sultry and glamorous look.
After seeing a slight dip in popularity for a few years, brides are now returning to this stunning look. These Art Deco Wedding Hair Accessories perfectly suit the slinky, bias cut wedding dresses that are so popular right now. You can see more of my bridal headpieces here.
I love the Art Deco period! My house is a 1930s build in West London which we have just finished renovating in an Art Deco style sympathetic to the period. I was thrilled therefore when Louise from bloved blog asked me to contribute the art deco wedding hair accessories to a “modern vintage” styled shoot she was organising.
Choosing The Perfect Art Deco Hair Piece
I chose the Twisted Laurel Rhinestone and Pearl Tiara for the shoot. I love the combination of delicate twisted wire freshwater pearls with the sparkly rhinestones. Unsurprisingly, it’s one of my most popular pieces from my Art Deco Wedding Hair Accessories collection.
I just love how Louise has styled the piece at the back of the head. Wedding stylists are renowned for putting a creative spin on everything! You are also welcome to order this piece to wear at the back of your head. Please just pop a note on your order and we will add two small combs to each end in place of the headband.
B.loved’s Louise on this Art Deco Styled Inspiration Shoot
We set out to put our very own fresh spin on the setting which is steeped in authentic features and colours of the era. We created a concept of modern vintage with an utterly romantic feel and fine art elements captured by the amazing Irena K Photography! The romantic colour palette includes bush pink with a darker coral flourish. As well as rich burgundy hints and a dash of grey.
- Photography: Irena K Photography
- Concept Design & Styling: B.LOVED Hive
- Styling Assistance: Your Wedding Your Way
- Venue: Sheraton Grand London Park Lane
- Floral Design: Ladybird Flowers
- Tableware: Stylist’s Own ( LSA + Next )
- Lounge Furniture & Prop Hire: HireLove
- Chair Hire: Velvet Living
- Silk Runners, Napkins & Ribbons: Kate Cullen
- Table Linen: Quayside Home
- Hair + Makeup: Pipa Cross
- Wedding Cake: Little Cake Garden
- Stationery: Eagle Eyed Bride
- Calligraphy: Oh Wonder Calligraphy
- Bridalwear: Luellas Bridal
- Shoes: Charlotte Mills
- Accessories: Victoria Millesime
- Jewellery: Nikki Stark Jewellery
- Suits: Alexandra Wood Bespoke
- Models: MOT Models (Zara & Jeff)